Undergraduate Program in Bioenvironmental Engineering
Employment Opportunities in Bioenvironmental EngineeringBioenvironmental Engineers, having an integrated knowledge of engineering, environmental sciences and biotechnology, can look forward to excellent career opportunities following graduation. Numerous consulting firms exist in the Northeast and around the nation which specialize in solving environmental problems. In addition, government agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency and the NJ Department of Environmental Protection and many major industrial firms employ these engineers to help prevent and solve drinking water, wastewater, solid waste, and air pollution issues.
Some examples of where Bioenvironmental Engineers work:
- Engineering consulting firms that design and construct air and water pollution-control systems.
- Industries that need to treat their air or wastewater discharges.
- Private and municipal agencies that supply drinking water.
- Companies that treat and dispose of hazardous chemicals.
- Companies that operate treatment facilities for municipalities or industries.
- Government agencies that monitor and regulate waste discharges.
- Universities that teach and conduct research on environmental control
- Private and government laboratories that develop the new generations of pollution-control systems.
- International agencies that transfer knowledge and technology to the developing world.
- Public-interest groups that advocate environmental protection.
- Applied Water Management - Environmental Engineer
- Hatch Mott MacDonald - Associate Engineer
- Langan Engineering & Env. Services - Staff Engineer
- Lansen Engineering Services - Environmental Engineer
- Lee T. Purcell Associates - Staff Engineer
- Levine Fricke Recon, Inc. - Environmental Engineer
- Liposome Company - Validation Engineer
- Malcolm Pirne, Inc. - Operations Engineer
- McLaren Hart - Environmental Engineer
- New York Air National Guard - Industrial Hygiene Engineer
- O'Brien & Gere Engineering, Inc. - Project Supervisor
- Ortho Biotech/Johnson & Johnson - Associate Engineer
- RBA Group - Environmental Engineer
- Roy F. Weston, Inc. - Consulting Environmental Engineer
- R. W. Beck - Engineer
- Sadat Associates - Environmental Engineer
- Schoor DePalma, Inc. - Designer
- Science Applications International Corp. - Environmental Engineer
- Syborn Chemcial, Inc. - Technical Engineer
- TAMS Consultants, Inc. - Environmental Engineer
- Terra Vac - Project Engineer
- T & M Associates - Consulting Engineer
- U.S. Natural Resource Conservation Service - Design/Hydraulics Engineer
- U.S. Department of Navy - Environmental Engineer
- U.S. Peace Corp - Engineering Project Manager
- Whitman Company - Environmental Engineer
- Whitney, Bailey, Cox & Magnani - Environmental Engineer
- William F. Cossulich Associates - Environmental Engineer
E Jobs: Environmental Jobs and Careers
Environmental Careers Bulletin
New Jersey Department of Personnel
New York Times on the Web
Philadelphia Inquirer Planet Jobs