ICL Printing and Paper Policy ...
DES is pleased to provide and maintain printing capability in the Instructional Computing Lab, room 323. Please adhere to the following guidelines so that this service can continue to be provided without charges or quotas.
- Printing is not for personal use.
- Please be mindful of the usage of printing supplies.
- Although supplies are checked regularly, it can happen that paper runs out. If paper is needed, please contact DES Computing Services Staff
- For printing posters:
- Do not use solid or textured backgrounds. Color images, graphs, and text boxes
help to make a great poster, but backgrounds waste resources and are against
- Check image sizes before inserting into your poster. Use programs like paint
or photoshop to reduce images sizes. Large file size may affect your ability
- Leave a 1 inch margin around your content because there is a nonprintable area
near the edge of the paper.
- Paper is on a 36 inch roll, so poster size is 36 inches by X.
- Plan ahead! Printing a poster at the last minute can be stressful.
- Computer on the left of each row can print to the poster printer.
- Faculty and Instructors: For poster presentations or large print jobs, it is helpful to know the schedule so that adequate supplies can be inventoried.